BLS Classes Training and Certification
• CPR (Adult/Child/Infant)
• Choking (Adult/Child/Infant)
• Use of AED
• 2 Rescuer CPR
• Rescue Breathing
• Bag Value Mask
• Course duration 3-4 hours
This BLS training and certification course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Doctors, nurses, nursing students, CNAs, nursing assistants, dentists (CE credits provided by CA Dental Board), physical therapists, physician assistants, massage therapists, EMTs, paramedics, phlebotomists, lifeguards, fire fighters, medical & healthcare professionals & anyone going into the medical or healthcare field.
The American Heart Association Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP) CPR Training class covers CPR Training for all age groups, choke-saving, AED use, 2 person CPR, bag valve mask, pocket mask & rescue breathing. This course is for renewing, recertification, or initial students.
The content of this course includes:
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
Students work with one of our American Heart Association BLS Instructors to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam. The BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual is required.