Good AED Management Can Increase the Value of Your Workplace
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provided some vital information with regards to the occurrence of Sudden Cardiac Arrests (SCA) in the workplace. According to its report, there are approximately 10,000 cases of SCAs that occur in workplaces. Since 95% out of the total cardiac arrest cases die before they reach the hospital, there is now a need for businesses to implement a good AED management program in their respective workplaces. This will definitely increase the chances of survival of individuals who may unexpectedly suffer from cardiac arrest while at work, and at the same time give more value to the business.
Since SCA is the leading cause of death all over America, your ability to have proper AED management will surely make your workplace heart safe. This means that you implement the necessary equipment, training and skill within your place of business, to ensure that your place is less-riskier when it comes to such a situation.
The American Heart Association recommends certain programs that can make businesses heart safe. These programs include record keeping, heart safe training, maintenance of AEDs and having a licensed physician that will oversee the entire AED program, in order to ensure its effectiveness. The recommended number of trained personnel for AEDs, in a single location is 10. Those providing AED programs would normally train 10 people in a particular organization or company that will have the ability to respond and provide first-aid AED solutions whenever emergency situations occur. Training for AED usually includes Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or CPR. This is needed since AED works more efficiently in conjunction with CPR.
What normally happens during emergencies, where an employee or an officer will suddenly collapse is that trained AED/CPR personnel will give CPR responses, and subsequently AED. By implementing this first-aid recourse at the earliest, you can just save the life of an individual.
With a good AED management program running in the workplace, you will see and feel many benefits such as:
- Workers are more confident in the company as a whole. They will come to trust your company even more, considering that you show them that you do care for their welfare in the workplace.
- Peace of mind. This may not be very apparent, but knowing that you have a good management program running, you can be assured that your company is ready for medical emergencies.
- Increasing business value. Showing the public that your business cares for its employees can literally increase the positive perception of the public towards your business as a whole.
- Readiness and preparedness. When emergencies arise, your workplace wouldn’t be in total chaos. There will be personnel to handle the situation with precision, who have been trained to attend to such emergencies, and provide the best medical solutions.
- Lives will be saved. Every second matters when it comes to helping people survive emergency situations.
These are just some of the benefits that proper AED management can bring to your business. With these great benefits, your business will be a safer place for everyone.